Beas Kund Trek: Package and itinerary
The beautiful river of Beas originates from Beas Kund located at a height of more than 12,772 ft in Himachal Pradesh. The Sage Vyas was believed to take bath in the Beas river at Beas Kund while he strictly meditated there and wrote the holy Hindu epic Mahabharat. Beas Kund trek is considered famous for its grasslands and thousand years old alpine lake.
- Note- If you are a group of 2 or more 2 then the trek can be organized any day.
- Beas Kund trek distance: 16 km the temperature of Beas Kund trek: 10 to 20 degrees
- Best Time to Visit Beas Kund trek: Months of May to July and September to October are considered the best months for the trek.
- Beas Kund altitude: 12,772 ft
- The difficulty level of the Beas Kund trek: Easy to moderate
Day 1: Drive from Manali to the Solang Base Camp and from there Trek to Dhundi
- The Beas Kund Manali trek package group will be assembled at Manali early in the morning and will be taken to Solang base camp.
- Meet your well-trained trek guide and after a quick briefing and important session start your trek to Dhundi Village.
- The mesmerizing snow-capped mountains are visible throughout the trail as you pass through the dense green forests of Oak, Fir, and Walnuts.
- It will be an approximately 8 km trek and will take you a maximum of 5 to 6 hours to reach.
- While reaching Dhundi, check into the campsite, get some energy and freshen up.
- Dhundi is well-known for its picturesque views of the Hanuman Tibba.
- Enjoy a hot and tempting lunch while treating your eyes to the beautiful view of Hanuman Tibba.
- The evening is free for relaxation, soak your eyes into the beautiful views all around and spend some quality time with yourself or some fun time with fellow travelers around the bonfire under the star-studded sky.
- Later in the night time, dinner will be served overnight in the camps.
Day 2: Trek from Dhundi to Bakarthatch and then to Beas Kund and again back to Dhundi
- Give yourself a treat, by starting your morning with the beautiful view of Hanuman tibba, and after a mouth-watering breakfast start your much-awaited trek to Beas Kund via Bakarthatch.
- Walk through the beautiful lush green meadows filled with the local shepherds alongside the Beas river.
- Arrive at Beas Kund after a maximum of 4-5 hours of trek. Beas Kund is known as the main source of the Beas river.
- Have your packed and hygienic lunch near the river and enjoy the beautiful views of the surrounding at the same time.
- After spending some fun time at the Beas Kund, start your trek back to Dhundi.
- Enjoy the soothing and eye-catching scenery of the beautiful snow-capped mountains as you descend.
- After reaching the campsite, have your dinner and rest for some time in camps under the sky full of stars.
Day 3: Trek from Dhundi to Solang Valley and then, later on, drive to Manali
- Get up early in the morning and enjoy your delicious breakfast.
- Start your adventurous journey towards Solang Base Camp.
- Reach to Solang and then from there start your journey back to Manali.
- Reach Manali mainly by evening as your wonderful and memorable Manali experience comes to an end.
How to reach?
- By Air: The nearest airport situated in that locality is Bhuntar, which is approximately 50 kilometers away from Manali. Once you reach the airport, you can take a taxi to Manali.
- By Train: The closest and the nearest train station to Manali is Ambala Cantt, which is approximately 200 km away. Another option you have is to get a train to Chandigarh, which is 250 km away.
- By Road: Metropolitan Roads connect Manali to different places including Delhi, Dehradun, Chandigarh, and Ambala. There are many private buses as well that connect the hill station with different parts of the state.
Things to Carry
- Rucksack (Min 55 Ltrs will be sufficient enough but carry it with rain cover)
- Good quality Trekking Shoes, Floaters, or Sandals
- 3-4 Quick Dry Tees
- 2-3 Track Pants
- 5-6 Cotton socks
- At least 2 Pair of woolen socks
- 1 Rain jacket or Poncho
- 1 Full Sleeves Sweater or,1 Heavy Jacket, 1 Pair of Thermal and Fleece Jacket
- 1-2 Quick-dry towel
- At Least 1 Windproof Jacket
- Woolen Cap
- Sun Cap
- Lip Balm
- Cold Cream & SunScreen (SPF 40+)
- Packed food
- Water Bottle 1
- Personal Toiletries
- Personal Basic Medical Kit
- Trekking Pole
- Extra Polythene